1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player with component out

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chriscarthy, Aug 1, 2002.

1. chriscarthy

chriscarthy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got the philips dvd q40. can they give me any advice on the machine and whether it is worth extra money for multi region? Please help as i think this palyer is the one for me!

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, you can make the DVD player multi-region via a remote hack... But you have to use a One-For-All 6 remote or a PDA. The Q40 is quite nice but there are better players around...

3. chriscarthy

chriscarthy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You say better players, which players are better than the q40 for under £180? Tell me and ill have one! oh and by the way, dont say the Toshiba sd220! cos i know this is a good player but doesnt decode dolby digital
    thanks for the info

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If decoding dolby digital was really an issue, you would have spent some cash on a decent AV receiver... It would give a much better performance than any built in encoder thats for sure. Hell you can even buy some highly rated Yamaha receivers now for £200 new.

Anyways, I'm fairly sure that it can be remote hacked... Have a look at this place mate - http://www.totaldvd.net/features/hacks.php or www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

I've just ordered the Philips Q50 and I hope it arrives without any problems...