DVD player which plays WMV files

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alanxking, Jan 21, 2008.

1. alanxking

alanxking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have been searching for some time now for a DVD player which plays WMV files as well as all the usual ones. It must have HDMI outputs and be capable of playing @ 720p. As a keen photographer this is one way that I can produce high definition slideshows to show on my Panasonic plasma.
    I have already purchased & rejected a Kiss 600(couldn't update the firmware) & a Pioneer DP-600(can't work @ 720p)
    Is there anyone out there who knows of such a player which would meet my requirements please.
    :lease:

2. eric pisch

eric pisch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    i have a DV-600AV-K

which according to the spec sheet supports 720p and wmv

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/84/222/DV-600AV-K/index.html

i use mine for divx and have found the front usb port very handy since it reads a mem stick as thou it was a DVD and hense no need to keep burning discs

scan do it cheap as well with free delivery to forum memebers, hmm ok its now £40 more than i paid and out of stock for both colours :rolleyes:

3. aniki

aniki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    "About WMV
    • Compatible with size under 720 x 576
    pixels/720 x 480 pixels.
    "

No 720p support on this player..............

To be honest, short of using a Gaming Console or PC, there are very few standalones that actually support HD resolutions/bitrates.