DVD player too quiet

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Zaichik, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    I've just bought a Pioneer DV360, which I've connected to my TV using the RGB SCART. I am not fortunate enough to have an amp, so the player's sound is output through the TV's speakers. Thing is, though, the sound it outputs is considerably quieter than any of my other equipment, and I have to turn the sound up more than half way to be able to hear dialogue properly. (Music and other ambient sound, however, seems to be disproportionately loud.) I've turned off Virtual Dolby and the other sound options, but there don't seem to be any other options for adjusting the sound volume.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me on this. :lease:

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Try disconnecting everything else except the DVD player and see (hear) if its still very quiet ?

3. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Sorted it - there's an option in the TV's setup menu which allows you to adjust the sound through each of the AV sockets. Problem was, that option only appears if you go into the menu while the TV is switched to the input in question; hence I never noticed it before.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)