DVD player to TV with no SCART?

BigAde

Established Member
Reaction score
My brother has got an old, but working TV. Unfortunately it has no SCART socket. He would now like to get a (cheap) DVD player, but obviously is limited by his TV...

Short of replacing the TV or getting a separate RF modulator, does anyone know if there are DVD players in existence which have an RF out at the back.... ???

I guess putting the DVD player SCART output to the back of his video and out again via the VCR RF out to the TV wouldn't work because of macrovision???

Any suggestions...? Thanks in advance. :confused:

A cheap dvd/vcr combi would do it or look for a dvd player with macrovision disabled.

Some players I can think of that have an option to disable macrovision either with a downloadable firmware update or remote hack are;

Kiss DP-450 or 500, Liteon 2001 and I'm sure there are a few others. Either of these could be connected via the video to the tv.

Also another option is a dvd recorder like the Panasonic E50 or one of the cheaper dvd+r models.

Thanks bonzobanana, I hadn't thought of a DVD/VCR combi... suspect it may well be beyond his budget... but will mention it anyway.

For some reason (don't ask why!), I had it in my mind that one of the budget DVD players had an RF out on the back, but maybe I was thinking of a combi...
Ideally he would change the TV, but he is far too broke at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom