1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player to take abroad

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jase D, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Jase D

Jase D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My mate from canada is visiting next week and he wants to buy a dvd player over here which will play all regions and decode pal region 2 dvd's to his ntsc tv, he also wants one which is dual voltage.

Can anybody recommend a decent model?

Thanks

Jase

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    I appreciate this probably isn't very helpful but has he thought about a PC? I travel loads and just take my laptop with me as this outputs to TV (in PAL or NTSC) and, quality wise, isn't that far removed from my Toshiba SD210. Power shouldn't be a problem then either (as many come with converters and if not they are easy and cheap to obtain).

As I say I travel quite alot - I'm away more than I'm here so to speak - the laptop has proven to be worth it's weight in gold.

3. Jase D

Jase D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for your input. No, he wants a dvd player for his home cinema set up but he is a brit living in canada and he wants some of the british tv stuff that he can't get over there which is why he wants an all region, dual voltage player that will output pal and convert it to an ntsc signal for his ntsc tv.

Jase

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think there are any models available in the UK that will output PAL DVD's as NTSC , infact I think there are only one or two models available worldwide that will do this ,

visit this forum

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/default.asp?Forum=176

and post the same question asking for help from Clayts who is the moderator , he will be able to advise you which players available in the US / Canada will do this , I think Apex is one brand that can