1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player to suit BenQ PE5120 Proejctor

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by benjiP, Jul 18, 2005.

1. benjiP

benjiP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All.

I'm about to buy this DLP projector for watching films on, so will also need a DVD player. Obviously, I'm not looking to spend too much, so around about £100 would be good.

What do you recommend?

Have seen a new KiSS model - the DP-1100 (http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=1100&v=users) which 'upscales' - would this be a good thing??

Thanks in advance.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    There's potentially no advantage, infact there may be downsides, to upscaling a Standard Def source only to have the Standard Def display device scale it back down again.

I can recommend the Pioneer 575 for around that price, connect via component leads...PJ :)

3. benjiP

benjiP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Stathis

Stathis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BenjiP, you need a player with a digital DVI output to get the most out of the lovely 5120. I connect it through the DVI exit of my PC graphics card and the picture with Zoom Player and/or WinDVD is stunning (considering the cost of the PJ)!
    Wait until the upcomming KISS 600 which will carry a digital output appears or go for the OPPO/BBK, Panasonic s97 players.

5. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Though using a DVI connection will obviate the need for d to a conversions there's no guarantee it will be better then a decent component DVD player...PJ :)

7. benjiP

benjiP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what would be the best connection to use for the PE5120 then?

8. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have just bought one of these Pj's and from what I have read I will stick with component for now, I have been using a cheap amw pa85 home cinema set up with my old X1 and going by the reccs on here I will probably buy the Pioneer Dv575 player, I will use my old surround system until I have spare dosh to upgrade.
    :thumbsup: