DVD player to show of Pioneer 436 Xde

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by innerspace_uk, Mar 14, 2006.

1. innerspace_uk

innerspace_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken delivery of my 436XDE, but now need a (preferably upscaling) DVD player to show off its capabilities. So, which one would everyone recommend?
    With HD-DVD and Blue ray on the horizon, I don't want to go stupid money-wise, but still want something not too shabby. I had settled on the Denon 1920, but can't find anywhere with stock. The Marantz DV6600 doesn't look too bad, either.

Would it be worth the extra for the Denon 2910?

2. bad ass

bad ass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I work with all this kind of equipment, the 1920 is very good for the price, however I personally bought the 2910, the audio quality was far superior, and picture quality was marginly better also.

general build quality is fantastic. tried a variety of player inc. Yam, dvds2500(which was rubbish) pioneer dv989 and for the money i still found that the 2910 was the best. its a fairly musical player as well for cd playback as well as dvd which may be of intrest to you, but is a bonus all the same.
    And my honest opinion on blue ray and hddvd from working in the trade is that its going to be horrifically expensive when they come out with limited titles and you'll be waiting a while. also with first gen hddvd/blue ray player there will be problems

3. innerspace_uk

innerspace_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great! Just what I was wanting to hear. I'll see if I can arrange a demo...

4. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    well I have just ordered an Oppo 971H.
    PQ via DVI (to HDMI) is very highly rated, and I like the fact they they seem on the ball firmware wise.
    Price wise it seems a bit of a bargain, and there doesn't seem be complaints about build quality either