Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD Player to go with Philips 32PF9986

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by CarnalSins, Nov 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CarnalSins

CarnalSins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just ordered the Philips 32PF9986 and I'm looking for a good DVD Player to buy. My budget is around 500 Euros.
    The one I have spotted is Philips DVP900SA. From what I read Philips used it in compination with the 9986 in the latest shows.
    Anyone knows if it's actually any good?
    **** Newbie question : the 900SA has an HDMI output while the 9986 has a DVI input. What kind of cable am I going to need ? Does anyone knows if it's included in the package of the DVD or the TV or do I need to buy it ?

Thanks in advance

2. Mr109

Mr109
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of the same TV, I was going to get the Samsung 945 to go with it. It has DVI and is cheaper.

Regards

Al

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am so far quite happy with my Denon 1910. I know it gets slated daily on here - but I have not had any obvious problems running it with the 37PF9986 via DVI at all settings 576p, 720p and 1080i. (using a £40 Supra DVI-DVI cable) I did consider the Philips 900SA, but I was told it has been put back to January. The Samsung is much discussed, but no-one seems to have one (and there are unanswered questions about its performance at 720p and 1080i). So the Denon seemed the best bet.