• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVD Player to go with a Panasonic AX100E?

[email protected]

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a DVD player to go with my new Panasonic AX100E? I recently bought a Samsung DVD-HD860, but I have to return it because the HDMI port doesn’t work. :( (I’m not even sure if this is the right thing to do – when I get SkyHD, I’ll be using the HDMI port for HDTV, so that’ll leave component for DVD!).

I'm hoping not to break the bank. A lot of people on the DVD forum are recommending the Sony DVP-NS76H. Has anyone got this and how is it with the Panny? How is component v HDMI??

elliotjames

Deano
I have been looking into this as I also need a player.The Tosh 360,Samsung 860 and a Denon DV490 all seem to suffer minor faults like freezing,sync or component failure.
So my vote goes for the Sony, my local dealer will price match so can get it for £90 so if anything goes wrong I dont have to mess about sending via mail.
I think this post maybe of interest http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426743
he seems very happy with it.
BUT if you have one of these players and have any problems post it here!!!

[email protected]

Cheers Elliot. God, there's some reading in that thread :eek:

I guess that I'll settle for the Sony then :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom