1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player to do justice to a Pioneer 504

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ATCO, Jan 9, 2004.

1. ATCO

ATCO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,
    your advice please.
    i have a Pioneer Plasma 504HDE.
    I have a Toshiba DVD (SD2109) running at the moment via high quality (by my standard) SCART.
    i seem to get better quality from my daughters Pioneer DV360 which only cost £100.

What would you suggest to do this panel justice? I suppose something that uses HDMI link, but I don't want to spend that much.

i connect to a Pioneer VSX709RDS via digital Co-ax.

With thanks

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Pioneer 868. Video quality via HDMI is just amazing. Audio may not be up there with the Arcam, Denon's etc but on video quality I don't think there is anything that comes close.

Just about to put my 504 on the wall (next 5 mins) so should have hooked up in next 60 mins. Gonna use my Tosh SD900 for the next few months and wait for the 868 to drop in price just a tad. That wil also give me another quality leap :)

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    except for a bravo D1 which has an almost identical pic to the 868`s hdmi output.
    but its a dogey bit of kit and crap with pal stuff so stick with the 868i. Also consisder the A11 if its in your price bracket as the dvi out is simply stunning with the best detail i have seen.