DVD player that does what mine does ,,,,

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
but also upscales the picture (preferably via component, although dont know if thats possible)

I currently have a Sony NS930 - its a few years old but I have yet to find anything to beat it

The Sony is fast - only a couple of seconds if that til a DVD can be played

It has a memory function which remembers positions of up to 20 (I believe) DVDs - this is ESSENTIAL due to amount of TV I watch on DVD

Has very little layer change

So what I want is something that does all that and upscales

and dont mention Denon - I got a 1910 not long after it came out and its relegated to bedroom use. Its slow, its clunky - it has no obvious memory and dont like rw discs very much

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
DuncanWardle said:
So what I want is something that does all that and upscales
Why do you want one that upscales? Is your display device particularly poor at scaling?...PJ

Nic Rhodes

yeah you a good player already, got itchy feet? Can't quite see what a change will give you.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Nic Rhodes said:
Can't quite see what a change will give you.
Smaller bank balance. :)

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Nic Rhodes said:
yeah you a good player already, got itchy feet? Can't quite see what a change will give you.
Really ?

I was under the understanding that there where now better players out there - guess its a case of feeling like missing something - the SOny has to be 4 years old now

Nic Rhodes

If the interfaces you are using are the same I would stick with what you have, it was a good player then and now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom