DVD player that can upscale using component (in UK)

R

richbambam

been looking at samsung hd945 but this seems to only upscale to 720p or 1080i using HDMI lead (i dont have one of these in my plasma ),with component it only seems to switch between progressive & interlaced
are there any dvd players for sale in UK that will upscale any dvd to 720p or 1080i with using the component output?for about £200 :smashin:

nemo66 said:
Try the Momitsu V880

Bye,
Stefano
cheers
been reading the sammy 945/950 should do it fine upscaling through component if put in multi region hack
found one for £110 incl vat is this cheapest ??
also whats difference between the sammy 850 & 950 would putting in same multi region hack work with upscaling component any feedback would be appreciated

My experience of the Samsung models via component is average to say the least (upscaled or not). If you want to use component buy a player whose prime output is component, not one which had been designed primarily for HDMI / DVI...PJ :)

richbambam

I take it your assuming there is a benefit in converting 720x480@60 Hz and 720x576@50Hz within one of these up-converting players and then letting your TV down convert to 852x480 over simply outputting 720x480@60 Hz and 720x576@50Hz either Interlaced or Progressive from a non up-converting DVD player and again letting the PlasmaTV remap the signal.

Its quite a big assumption :)

Best regards

Joe

If you got the v880 you could set it up to do 1:1 pixel mapping (852*480) which would produce the best picture for your display.

Otherwise don't buy an upconverting player - spend your dosh on the best you can afford component out DVD player! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom