1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player suggestions please...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Belgarath, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Belgarath

Belgarath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking to replace Cyberhome AD-528L DVD-player, as it does not live up to my expectations anymore (it doesn't play at least one of my favorite DVD's: Armageddon), although I do love the fact that it reads: DVD, VCD and MP3 and outputs DD and DTS, Macrovision is turned off and it is regioncode free.

I must admit that I am at a loss when it comes to all the extra options some players have:
    *) I am planning on upgrading to a DLP-Projector, but do I really need progressive scan?
    *) Component in and outputs?
    *) etc, etc.

I would appreciate some suggestions very much.
    I am looking for a player with similar capabilities as the Cyberhome (although I don't really need MP3), but better quality.
    I was thinking about spending a max. of €1000.

Thanks, Belgarath

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    How about a multi region Tosh 220e for £120 ish. Component out, and a fine performer for the price.Ok it's starting to knock on a bit now but for the money they are hard to beat,imho. :)