1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player selection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Green Bay Randy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Green Bay Randy

Green Bay Randy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own an HT300 Plus. I anticipate using the DVI connection for the high def signal and the component connection for the DVD.

Are there certain specifications and performance I need to look for to maximize the image capabilities of the HT300?

Thanks!

Randy :)

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Randy,

Bear in mind the DVI input is not HDCP compliant (the HDMI input on all Sim2 models is) so a good choice of feed would be an HCPC such as a Uvem which you will find a lot more flexible than any DVD player and no HDCP issues.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. Green Bay Randy

Green Bay Randy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uh oh. You are throwing terms around that I am not fully familiar with.

HDCP is the High Def protocol I am familair with correct? If the DVI connection is HDCP compliant, how does that work with High def? Where would I hook the HDTV into? the DVI or component?

Would the best DVD player have upscaling? 720p into the PJ? 480P and let the on board scaler take it? progressive?

If you had a perfect world, what and how would you hook to this PJ?

Thanks for your help!...I feel so alone in the US with one of these PJ's. I called Projector People and they told me Sim2 was on sale at Wal*Mart....I told them I already had the computer game...I was looking for a projector....gah.