DVD player recomendations?

D

DDDavo

Hi

My Parents are looking for a DVD player. They have never had one before but are quite interested and like my all in one system however at the moment they don't want all the speakers.

Therefore they would be best with just the player for now and i can't really advise them becuase I know more about the all in ones.

I think optical output supporting dolby digital and DTS is necessary for future proofing but multi region isn't.

Scart output supporting 2 channel stereo to link to their TV is most conveniant for them and it would be quite nice if the player wasn't fussy with recordable media such as + and - which my sony (all in one) can be.

Really i'm looking for reccomendations and they don't want to pay over the earth. A decent one for less than £100 woudl be best as they don't require much and most these days support MP3 disks/wma support (not necessary (wma)) and some even SACD (again not necessary)

So really it is:
-comapct
-optical out
-bookmark functions (or something which remebers the point you got up to last.)
-RGB scart out
-decent picture quality

So any recomendations would be welcome

Thanks in advance

Thanks. Ive taken a look. Not bad at all really for the price. Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Pioneer DV-464 or Panasonic S35 - both under £80 from Amazon.

Steve

Does the Pany S75 support progressive scan? I was going to buy one but the guys at Richer Sounds in Cardiff said it didn't support PS. By the way in shop they're £119.

Originally posted by Pugger
but the guys at Richer Sounds in Cardiff said it didn't support PS. By the way in shop they're £119.
LOL they really know there stuff, It supports NTSC progscan and if you print the webpage off and take it in then they should match it, make sure you can see the box before mentioning the web site tho!

Thanks everyone, DVD ram isn't necessary and doubt it ever will be but + and - dvd rw support is reasonably necessary. What about the Sony DVP NS330? any Good?

Cheers jurass/Dragon, I thought it did. By the way I wont have any problems play UK DVD's through PS NTSC will I?

Sorry to be a pain but just to make sure I understand. Most of my DVDS are UK. If I plug the S75 in the component input of my PD30 and stick in one of my UK DVD's in, It will play but not in PS. Only DVDs from region one (US) will do this? Again sorry for clueless here.

Pugger,

The S75 will play PAL discs only in interlaced form, but will play NTSC discs in interlaced or progressive. Of course it would be useful to get a multi-region player so you aren't limited to only Japanese R2 NTSC discs in PS. Hope this helps.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom