1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Problem - Philips DVD 751

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Makaveli, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, I have a Philips DVD-751 and up until last week it was working perfectly.
    It's not even used all that often because I watch most of my dvds on my pc which is why I'm even more annoyed.

Anyway, the problem is, it wont play dvds properly anymore. It pixelates the picture, mangles the little sound that will come out and erratically skips and stalls.
    So it might start and then freeze on the first frame of the film then jump to the 16th minute and freeze, then onto the 20th. It doesnt seem to be following scence sequences.

I thought the problem might initially be due to the discs overheating, as they come out pretty warm. But I left it for 5 days and then tried again and still the same.

The problem happened when I put a dvd in (Battle Royale) everything was fine and it went to the dvd menu, but I went back to watching tele, leaving the dvd player on. When I went back to it (maybe an hour later) it had frozen. I had to unplug it to switch it off. Ever since then it wont work.

Any suggestions? I hate using the PS2 to watch dvds and it's not chipped either so I can only watch the R2 dvds.