DVD player outputting to 2 devices

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nelius, Oct 2, 2004.

1. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let's say that I have a projector and a TV. Is it possible to connect a DVI cable and a SCART cable to the player and view the movie on both the projector and TV simultaneously? Player in question would be a Denon 1910.

Thanks

2. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Dvi/hdmi outputs switch off the component output when dvi/hdmi is selected, but not the s-video nor the composite output.
    At least that's the case for my 3910.
    However, I don't know what happens when you try a scart cable- suppose you may see a black picture if you use the RGB pins of the SCART plug.
    So first try the s-video or composite output and see if that looks acceptable to watch on TV.
    Barend

3. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Barend. My problem is that I don't want to have 2 DVD players (1 for projector, one for TV) and I would prefer just one player that has DVI and SCART. There's also the girlfriend factor. She doesn't want to be going into the DVD setup each time to select SCART to watch something on the TV. So if the signal was passed through both at the same time this would be ideal for us.

4. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What I meant was my 3910 outputs DVI, S-Video and Composite at the same time, and maybe SCART too, but NOT component.
    Barend

5. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great. That's useful to know. Thanks for the info.