1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player names (SERIOUS CONFUSION!)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MorgZ, Sep 21, 2003.

1. MorgZ

MorgZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im buying my first dvd player very shortly and have been checkin out lots and lots of reviews of many dvd players.

The dvd player im thinkin of buying is this one

PANASONIC DVD-S75 DVD-Audio Player 5/5 £170

Which was reviewed in What Video Widescreen Entertainment in July 2003

Review

I searched for this player on various sites and found it on www.comet.co.uk for £128.04 LINK although i dont think this includes the leads (currently i only wish to purchase a scart lead for it)

However under closer inspection i saw the name of the dvd player i found it was PANASONIC DVDS75EBS which differs slightly from the PANASONIC DVD-S75 model reviewed.

Ive found this with quite a lot of dvd players and was wondering if it is the same player / why the extra letters on the end??????

If anyone cud shed some light upon this problem it wud b much appreciated.

Thx

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Can't say for sure on this particular model but usually different/extra letters at the end of the model no are for either different colours or european/foreign models or similar variations.

Greg

3. clayts450

clayts450

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Panasonic and Toshiba use a similar convention - E is indeed European and S is for silver - can't remember what the B is for (heh, black ?!)