DVD Player locks UP - I Don't Get it

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by imthepcguy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. imthepcguy

imthepcguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Like the title says, I don't get it! I have I thought was a good quality DVD player and lately while watching some new movies it freezes up at different parts of a scene. I have played it on another DVD player that I paid less money for and no problem. I am contemplating on dumping it and getting another unit. Can anyone tell me what the heck the deal is with this problem and what unit I should go for. I have a very expensive Surround Sound system and it very frustrating trying to watch a good movie and this occurs...

New to this web Forum and boy what a plethra of info you guys have here...

Thank You
    Bob

2. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +55
    What player is it? How old is it? Which discs are you using (some titles may have known playback issues)? Post a bit more info, and maybe someone will be able to give you an answer.
    Regards,

3. imthepcguy

imthepcguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a Toshiba SD-V396 and the movies are Region 1 for the US, for instance the movie Toy Story which has just been released, the 10th anniversary. What I do not understand is why does it work in my other player? The DVD player is about 1.5 years old...
    I seem to have this problem a lot