DVD Player Just Rubbish or my Connection?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BuyingATV, Aug 12, 2004.

1. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a cheap DVD from a supermarket, a compack 500 or somin for £30 play anything you put in it. I have a Gold scart cable which ive rewired to stop TV broadcast interfering and also you stop it switching to AV1 as soon as I swtich the DVD Player on. I have a Sony LS35 28in (think thats the number, been a long time since I studied model numbers), problem is my picture is rubbish, its just not nice like DVD's should be, black is never black its always shades and you can see horizontal thick lines when the whole screen is black, playback seems blockyish like watching anolog TV on a low end 100hz TV. Everything just looks washed out, even the DVD players title menu (when no DVD is in) is blocky and faded, is this my connection (RGB re wired by me gold scart in AV1) or obiviously my cheap player, is there any more rewiring recommended, Ive snipped 2 wires I tihnk on each end.

Thanks alot

cheers

2. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    My first port of call if I where you is swap the scart (use any) and see if that makes a difference :)

If it doesnt, then that 30 quid DVD player..... well thats why it was 30 quid :rolleyes:

:D

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    It sounds like your dvd player may be set up wrong ,Go in to the menu and make sure its set to rgb in the picture set up if its in svideo or composite the picture will look as you have described it,
    Cheers Gonzo.

4. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Of course there is that as well :laugh:

5. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers people, I tried it with a compisite connectiona nd its the same, my playstation2 has better playback via s-video (although very slightly grainy) so its not my TV for sure.

hmm new player it is then

Thanks

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    £30 is the minimum you should spend on a Scart cable, never mind a DVD player. If you want to keep costs to a minimum get a Toshiba SD-240 and a QED P2110 Scart cable, should be about £100 altogether.