1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Haunted?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by silent lucidity, Oct 11, 2003.

1. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well guys here's a strange one!Bought my brother a Yamada multi region player from Amazon.A bargain at forty quid plus free postage,which meant I had it shipped direct as he lives over 200 miles away!I rang him today to see if he's happy and overall it's a yes..........................but!He had it positioned over the video recorder which immediately started to act with a mind of it's own!Apparently it would eject tapes part way through playing,switch itself off and the remote wouldn't work.So he moved the two apart for a while,put things back the way they were and now they are okay(but for how long?).Now that's all a bit strange to me,the only problem I've had remotely like it was colour staining from my amp(which I dropped a shelf lower and the t.v was okay).
    So,any takers on a possible reason?

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Does it happen when he's using the DVD remote?

Could be remote signals clashing? :confused:

K.

3. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think so,but I'll ask as that's a valid possibility I hadn't thought of.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Let us know how you get on :)

K.