1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd player for Grundig tv

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jamesdc, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Jamesdc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Howdy again,

im having quite a dilemma choosing a new dvd player for my grundig xentia set.

its only rgb scart....and no prog scan, so I was thinking a Denon 2900.., however I can get a 2800mk2 for almost half the cost of the 2900...and now have come across the Denon 1600, and harmon Kardon dvd25

the one main reason I list these players, is because here in australia...they are pretty much the only poeple supporting rgb scart (everything else is component)

now at the moment, im running via a pioneer dv-s737 (on s-video), which has done me well over the years, but lack of rgb scart on it has forced me to upgrade. (as a side note, I used to use the 737 on a loewe xelos, via component, which looked great)

so the question is, which is the better buy? is the 2900 worth the exrta over the others, even though I dont use prog scan?

long winded I know, but hopefully some of you can share some thoughts on this,