1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Player For Audio Cd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clash33, Aug 22, 2005.

1. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to upgrade my system soon. I would like to replace my Technics HIFI and Philips DVD with one DVD player this is also good for audio CD's. I want to spend around £200 ish. I like the look of the Denons but would like your views. :lease:

2. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
  4. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CJROSS,

Very good pics of a nice set-up you have there. I bet the LP12 leaves DVD+DAC in the shade a bit for music though doesn't it ?

Also how have you found the Tosh 36" ?? I'm looking at one myself as an alternative to a Plasma....what are your thoughts ?

Cheers. :hiya:

5. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Cheers Mman, I actually think TTs & CDPs offer different presentations in the replay of music, both appeal to me with differing strengths. TT is more fluid, and the DVDP is more direct and analytical if that makes sense. As I said there are times I want each scenario in my listening. I also use a lot of DVD-V music and in a few cases it can offer the best of both worlds I have found.

FWIW I used to use a DAC off my DVD player but now I just use it on its own. It’s a very nice digital device in its own right to my ears. The DVD player I have can also be used as a DAC FWIW I send my Humax via it. One reason for selling the DAC FWIW

I cant sing the praises of this display enough, I bought it for its PAL PS component use, and VFM wise it gives a better pictures than I saw from £2000-3000 Plasma-LCDs, only the hulk of the set is the issue. Not for me though, so if space is not an issue – by a CRT before a LCD/Plasma anyday, especially if feeding it a RGB scart from Sky or Freeview. All displays look decent enough in DVD terms, but it’s the ones that are lower quality where you want the best screen available. CRT was for me by a country mile.

PS not a bad system you have there either dude.

6. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Have to say it took me years to put this system together. The home cinema stuff is bought to work around the HiFi - hence the DSPE800. The 575a is the DVD bargain of the decade imho.

Finding a CD Player that didn't sound like a CD player (something Naim excell at) was not easy, plus a 'solid state' amp that sounds like a high-end valve design (but with more bite and grunt), and the very under-rated Neat Petite 2's that (with silver ribbon tweaters) fill even the largest of rooms.

Speaking of room size i do live in a small flat at present so the bulk of a 36" crt could be a problem. Maybe have to look at those RP DLP screens (like the HD Toshiba/Sagem) before i make any decisions.

Cheers for the reply.

7. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    try the limit dvda900se,this also has been tuned by cyrus but is also dvda capable and has progressive scan.this player has an rrp of 200 pounds but is available from www.play.com for a bargain 50 pounds.try searching this forum for info on this player