Dvd Player Fell Off Roof

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by jerry03arc, May 5, 2005.

1. jerry03arc

jerry03arc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I recently purcahsed an 2003 GMC Envoy that had an aftermarket DVD system installed in it. It apparently was not isntalled properly as it worked itself loose and with a little tap fell down. I am looking for the best way to reinstall it.

The car does have a factory install DVD option in the same location in the roof where this one is installed so there is already a reinforced plastic backing plate to install it on, but it was just screwed in with machine screws with no locking washers or anything. I don't want to just screw it back in because I will most likely have the same problem again. Can I use a butterfly nuts or some sort of modified drywall anchors, or is there something better I can use?

Help!

Thanks

Here is a pic of the unit if it helps

http://www.opela.net/public/envoydv1.jpg

2. jerry03arc

jerry03arc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    40 views and no one can tell me how to secure a DVD player to the roof of a car???

3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but there are probably a million and one ways to do it! Cable ties, magnets, velcro, gaffa tape, threaded screws. I'd say it all depends on what the mount is like? Use a bit of inginuity and you should be able to come up with an answer yourself. Why not come up with a solution and them stap some sort of bungee to keep in from dropping (and breaking). Then you can drive it around a bit and see if your solution holds and remove the bungee when you are confident it's working.