Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dvd Player Fell Off Roof

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by jerry03arc, May 5, 2005.

1. jerry03arc

jerry03arc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I recently purcahsed an 2003 GMC Envoy that had an aftermarket DVD system installed in it. It apparently was not isntalled properly as it worked itself loose and with a little tap fell down. I am looking for the best way to reinstall it.

The car does have a factory install DVD option in the same location in the roof where this one is installed so there is already a reinforced plastic backing plate to install it on, but it was just screwed in with machine screws with no locking washers or anything. I don't want to just screw it back in because I will most likely have the same problem again. Can I use a butterfly nuts or some sort of modified drywall anchors, or is there something better I can use?

Help!

Thanks

Here is a pic of the unit if it helps

http://www.opela.net/public/envoydv1.jpg

2. jerry03arc

jerry03arc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    40 views and no one can tell me how to secure a DVD player to the roof of a car???

3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but there are probably a million and one ways to do it! Cable ties, magnets, velcro, gaffa tape, threaded screws. I'd say it all depends on what the mount is like? Use a bit of inginuity and you should be able to come up with an answer yourself. Why not come up with a solution and them stap some sort of bungee to keep in from dropping (and breaking). Then you can drive it around a bit and see if your solution holds and remove the bungee when you are confident it's working.