1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player change

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oxygenuk, Dec 4, 2004.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thinking of sending my current sony dvp-ns585p back because of the problems im having with it

thinking of gettina pioneer dv575 if i decide to, question does the pio 575 have sound decodings the ns585 has like can trasmit all dts and dolby formats like matrix 6.1 ex 6.1 neo 6.1 can u manually switch which of those dts dolby sound formats while playing dvd? thats what u can currently do with the ns585 which i think is very good feature

advice and help needed here, so please do
    :D

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    If a player can output DD and DTS formats, shouldn't it do the 6.1 versions as well? If you can't switch audio tracks when playing a DVD, then it is the DVD causing it and not the player.

What problems are you having with the 585. I was going to get a Pioneer 575 and opted for the 585. So far, I am delighted with it.

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    well its not playing some discs and will play on other dvd player makes a quiet tickin sound while playing cd's an makes a loud scanning noise with some dvds

if u have a 585 u shud no wat im talkin about changing between dd and dts formats you know that button on thr remote control that looks like 3 ckircles, welll when you press that u can select which dd or dts or audio commentary u can have playing the disc, im wondering if you casn do that with the pio 575..

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    Some discs don't allow switching of the audio while running the film. It is a PUO (prohited user operation). The only way to change is to go back to the menu. It is a pain and serves no purpose. If the disc works allows switching in the NS585, then it should work the same in all players.

I only play DVD's in my NS585 and so far (just like NS900) is has played everything. It is also very quite and I cannot hear it in operation.