dvd player and 360 5.1 ?

andy_mfc

Standard Member
hi ppl i am about to purchase myself a hif def upscaling dvd player and also gonna get a amp and 5.1 surround sound speakers for it. i was just wondering can any1 tell me if there is a way or achieving surround sound on the 360 using the same amp and speakers as the 1 i will be rigging up 2 the dvd player help would be appreciated thnx ?

petecowie

R.I.P.
If the amp has the dolby digital and dts logo's on it and it's processing the signal and it has more than one optical input you should be fine, would recommend going for at least 3 optical inputs (another one for sky/cable/tv of some sort). Always worth posting the details of the DVD player and the Amp on the forums so people can offer you opinions...

I have an upscaling DVD player, an xbox 360, sky+ and standard dvd player all running 5.1 through my amp.

BTW: Remember to buy the optical cables as I don;t think you get one included with the 360 (or most DVD players for that matter.

Pete

Monty Burns

petecowie said:
...BTW: Remember to buy the optical cables as I don;t think you get one included with the 360 (or most DVD players for that matter.

Pete

You think correctly Pete (with regards to the x360) as my premium did not contain one :)

andy_mfc

Standard Member
cheerz m8 help is gr8 thnx il post them on when i get to decide what purchases i am making. ps could u tell me ow much i could get a decent amp for and were from thnx ?

dclayton

andy_mfc said:
cheerz m8 help is gr8 thnx il post them on when i get to decide what purchases i am making. ps could u tell me ow much i could get a decent amp for and were from thnx ?

If getting speakers too, I'd recommend looking at the offers here. The one the link goes to is the package I bought late last year (for £80 more :( ), it comes with everything you'll need and is very well priced.

WillBowling

if the amp has a digital optical connection then you can connect your 360 to it if you have any of the advanced video leads (vga, component etc). check your amp has at least 1 optical input or two if you decide to use optical for the dvd player aswell. most dvd players have a coax digital output so if your amp has one of those you could use coax for amp and optical for the 360. i am using optical from my 360 and it is great.

it is possible to get optical switch boxes but i wouldnt bother.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom