dvd played through 360 jerky

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by [EVO]Beagle, Mar 18, 2006.

1. [EVO]Beagle

[EVO]Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys having scoured the forum and followed some of the advice given am still having problems getting a dvd to play back on the 360.

My set up is a 37pv500 running xbox360.

Have switched the cable to standard rather than HDTV as someone suggested. Have changed the setting from pal60 to pal50 and that did not resolve the issue either.

image is jerky enough so to become very annoying.

Can anyone give me any further guidance on this? driving me nuts! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,897
    Is the DVD PAL or NTSC? because I only experience jerky playback when either the 360 is set to PAL60hz or when I try playing back an NTSC DVD.

3. [EVO]Beagle

[EVO]Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it happens when i play in either pal50 or 60 and tried with both pal and ntsc but still got issues with it. not sure if it is something to do with the tv trying to up the signal from the xbox or not, will keep tinkering in the meantime

4. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the same problem. I sent mine back to microsoft and they replaced it with a new one. However, altough not as bad, the problem is still there. I find it very anoying seen as though the 360 is marketed as a media hub and it can't even play DVDs properly. I wanted to use the 360 as a replacement DVD player but it is just not good enough!

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,897
    Even though I dont get jerky playback I still wouldnt use it as a dedicated dvd player because in my opinion it just doesnt compare to my DV470.