1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Playback using 6800gt via Dvi

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by tim k, May 10, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK im awaiting my samsung 50" dlp. I am going to connect this to my media centre pc using Dvi out, is the dvd playback going to be any worse than using one of the new hdmi out dvd players, i am unsure whether to get one, i.e. the samsung hd945.

2. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    with good decoders (nVidia ones are meant to be ace) and perhaps with the use of FDDShow id expect the picture quality to be miles better. As good i not better than real high end players.

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think ill stick with the htpc solution then, can anyone confirm with proof?? I dont see the point in shedding out another 200 quid when i have a top spec pc. The other thing i will need to focus on would be sound, i have onboard dolby digital out, but i think i may need a good sound card, any good solutions?

4. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    if you have an A/V reciever then use SPDIF pass through and use the reciever to decode the sound.

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a denon amp and mission 5.1, will the onboard optical be good enough?