DVD playback query?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by branchini1979, Jun 16, 2009.

1. branchini1979

branchini1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Guys

I have a strange one here.
    Firstly my TV is a 32" Vistron HDTV from Ebuyer and when i bought my 360 i got a very nice quality HDMI cable with it.

Now i set it all up using the HDMI cable and got a gorgeous pic using 1080i and very happy with the quality of games graphics but then came the problem.
    When i wanted to play DVD's all i got what the sound of the DVD but NO picture :(

I thought there was a fault at first with the HDMI cable but how as this was a very high quality lead and the the graphics of the games and the menu screen was 1st class.
    I thought then it was a DVD playback fault but then i thought i would try the component cable you get with the xbox and all fine but quality not as good as with HDMI but then....YES DVD playack works now, so at the mo as the xbox is the DVD player i have to stick the component cable but the picture is just not as good as with the HDMI cable, but what i want to know is WHY did DVD playback not work with HDMI?

Is it the TV capatibility?

2. branchini1979

branchini1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please anyone??!!?