• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dvd Playback Problems

thepacifier

Standard Member
Strangely enough, i have been able to connect my ps3 to a plasma via vga/component adapter, and have no problems playing ps3 games and Blu-ray dvd's. I have a maximum resolution of 1080i and all bd's that i own with 1080p are outputting no probs at 1080i, games at 720 no probs. Have watched some standard dvd's mainly Warner titles( Harry Potter, Music & Lyrics etc) However today was the first time that i trie playback with some other titles, Incredibles,Cars which were Disney, and Star Wars eps 1 through to 6, which were Fox.My Plasma displayed "No Signal" and i tried more Fox and Disney titles and received the same message. Stuck in a Warner title and received picture, no problem at all
Are there any problems with 20th Century Fox and Disney Titles when played via component on a 1080i display?
Has anyone else suffered similar problems?
Or are my settings wrong?
Thanks.

fizl

What was the actual problem?

Shaz

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom