DVD Playback- PC to Projector problem

montygew

Standard Member
When i try to play back a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop, to a Sim2 HT300+ projector, (through VGA input) i get a message "Envirement does not support protected content playback" What does this mean?.Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks

Wo0zy

Novice Member
What playback application are you using?

Also, have you tried with the internal display disabled?

Wo0zy

montygew

Standard Member
I'm using corel WinDVD9 . How do you disable the screen on a Dell Laptop. If i disable the screen then a problem occurs will i be able to get back to the built in laptop display.
Thanks

Wo0zy

Novice Member
Checking the spec of the 9300 suggests that it has ATi X300 graphics. Does the laptop have the Catalyst Control Centre (CCC) installed? If so you can select the PJ as a single display in CCC. If not use the normal Windows Display Properties.

You can re-enable using the same method you use to disable. If you're saying there is not display at all on the PJ once the error occurs, simply rebooting with the PJ disconnected should re-enable the built in display.

Wo0zy

montygew

Standard Member
WoOzy
the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce Go 6800. The windows XP desktop displays properly on the projector, it is only when trying to play a DVD i get the problem. The DVD loads up and plays for 2 seconds then the projector screen goes blank before the message "Envirement does not support protected content playback" displays on the projector screen.

Wo0zy

Novice Member
Fair enough. Have you tried disabling the laptop display yet?

Also, you could download a trial of PowerDVD and see if that does the same thing.

Between these two suggestions we will eliminate to two most likely culprits.

Wo0zy

montygew

Standard Member
WoOzy sorry for the delay in replying. I downloaded a copy of PowerDVD but still had the same problem. I reinstalled WinDVD & now i am getting a picture on both my computer & projector,although the motion picture playback is not very smooth .This happens even if i just play back on my computer therefore it must now be a configuration problem with my settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom