1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd playback on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mcmullanbrush, May 6, 2002.

1. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a friend of mine has an xbox bought in england. he believes that if he buys the dvd enabling kit from the usa it will make his xbox a region 1 dvd player. does anyone know if this is correct?

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No, it will not work.

Either the remote receivers are identical and it will not make a difference at all - or they have different ID's, in which case a PAL Xbox will refuse to work with a U.S. bought DVD kit. All DVD drivers and region settings are in the Xbox itself.

Edit: I might be wrong.

3. cerberus

cerberus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think someone (maybe museum steve) has found that id did work. From memory though if you use a US kit you can't then get a UK kit and swap between the two, something to do with the DVD kit locking the xbox to that region. You might try a search to see if you can find that thread, I think it was a thread that museum steve started.

Take a look at this. Don't hold your breath for it though, in the last month play have changed the release date of this more times than I have changed my underwear (but that's a different story :blush: ). I have also heard about a DVD kit that lets you change the region using the controller, that all I've heard but it sounds interesting!!!

Tim

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm it will work, but cerberus is also correct in saying it will lock the box in this region.

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    I spoke to Datel last week and they tell me the Region X for Xbox will be out 1st week of June..:)

6. cerberus

cerberus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are they the people that make the Action Replay as well? I've noticed that the same is happening with that - the release date changing, that is.

Tim

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read in a magazine that the region will lock onto the first disc played in DVD mode. This was in X Gamer mag last month.

I checked the DVD controller recently, and the region code (world wita a 2 over it) was on that, so it seems that article was cack and it is the controller that locks the region.