1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD play In USA

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by niccam, Jul 19, 2005.

1. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just a quick question will a DVD burned in the UK play in the USA in a multi-region DVD player or will I have to change it to NTSC and how can you do the latter if I have to . Thanks for any info

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Doesn't matter if the player in the US is multi-region or not, as any recordings you make will be region free. But PAL/NTSC does matter. Generally speaking a set top DVD player in the US will not play a PAL DVD - though some will. They will be able to play them on a PC.

If you want to be sure they can play the disc on a set top DVD player, you would need to convert it to NTSC. This can be done on a PC with various editing software, it can't be done directly from a DVD recorder.

Mark

3. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks redsox I was afraid you would say that I would have to change to NTSC .Are you 100% sure that it will play in the computer in the USA?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    A few do - most don't.

niccam - yes the PC will be able to play PAL discs - all the major software DVD players support PAL (WinDVD, PowerDVD etc).