1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Picture Setup DVD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jpwhaley, Aug 12, 2002.

1. jpwhaley

jpwhaley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new 28" Widescreen TV but the Colour setings are too rich. Can anyone recommend a DVD that helps setting up the Brightness, Contrast & Colour settings? I know that some THX dvd's can do this but I will need the colur card to set up the colour correctly.

Thanks,

2. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just done this with Ultimate DVD Platinum. This contains a set-up disk that leads you through the whole process. Probably a bit patronising for AV gurus, but pretty simple for beginners like me.

There are other set-up disks available (Avia being one I can remember) and I'm in no position to say which one is the best, but Ultimate was fine for my purposes.

There are loads of sites you can buy it from (eg Play 24x7, dvd.co.uk, etc) but you'll pay up to £30 for the privilege. I ordered it from Ezy Dvd in Australia for £9.95! Worth the risk at that price I thought, and I wasn't disappointed - it arrived 4 days later.

Ultimate DVD Platinum at Ezy DVD

Have fun tweaking :)
    Vaughn