DVD PICTURE problem!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by butch9850, Nov 22, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On Black/White movies or american ntsc coloured.....I get perfect rgb picture quality.
    Nevertheless,i find a green tinge,in the upper part of the picture...right across..It is noticeable,on especially big backgrounds such as a sky or an ocean...

I tried 2 dvd players and it is the same....

WHAT could explain the green discolouration?.The tv does play ntsc so?....
    Cheap tv?simple as that?.oR IS IT THE old prints....because the movies are fairly old...1940-1980.

2. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My query is important,to my eyes..Right now.

I would go as far as saying,the green tinge only occurs in REGION 1 discs.This points to a compatibility problem.
    But still,the tv plays the discs..in colour...and perfect picture.

It is important to research it,because with a projector bought,and the same thing occurs..GOSH i'd go nuts.

Does anybody know about ntsc...why my tv would output green tinges?
    Any cabling problem?..I use a THOR metal plated scart lead.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,766
    Likely to be the TV. See if you can try another TV (a relative or friend, perhaps) but with your own DVD player and cable....

4. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must do...Actually on both regions discs,the green tinge is evident,in light backgrounds.

I tried placing my heavy subwoofer on top of the tv,last night...And the colour of the screen went weird.The green actually went!!!,but blue and purple came in.

I don't know...maybe i can put a book up there,some pressue,on the casing...and i will get the green off,with no other colours coming on.

I'm pretty happy with the budget tv,anyway..normally.