1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd pic is black and white with new TV...help!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by twotonemark, Oct 17, 2003.

1. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New tv turned up yesterday, Panasonic TX28PS12 and I have a Pioneer DCS303. I have a scart to s-video cable which I hooked from the s-video socket on the dvd to AV2 S-VIDEO scart socket on the tv. But when I play a dvd its in black and white.

I tried the scart end in AV4 S-VIDEO (the third scart socket) with the same result. I then us my other lead(like a phono lead but with yellow ends for video - sorry don't know proper name) and connected this from dvd player to AV3 which is on the FRONT of the TV and it works in colour but I don't want a lead hanging out of the front of the tv.

Can some one please help...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

2. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does the TV auto detect the incoming signal from the scart socket or do you have to select s-video in a set-up menu?

A black and white picture usually means an s-video signal is being output by the dvd but is not being properly 'read' by the TV.

3. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the set is like the previous model the TX28PL10 you will need to press the green coloured text button. After pressing the TV/AV button you will see the on-screen menu appear simply press AV2/S (Green)this acts as a toggle between S-video on and S-Video off.

4. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D :clap: :D

Cheers for the help guys,

Blackbull your advise worked a treat. Why could Panasonic not include that simple explanation in their instruction manual?

Thanks again

5. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs, glad to be of help