1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD performance compared to dedicated CD

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ChalkyCardiff, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ChalkyCardiff

ChalkyCardiff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As a guideline what CD players do the DV79 & 29 compare to in the Arcam range?

None of my local dealers have either on demo but I have heard the dv78 and was impressed by cd replay.

Cheers

2. Withdrawnmist

Withdrawnmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that the Arcam DVD players are almost closing the gap, especially the DV79. In my opinion, it sits quite nicely between the CD192 and the CD73...but of course, only your ears can make that final decision. But I do believe the Arcam DVD players are exceptional in audio compared to the likes of Denon and Pioneer etc.......also, make sure when listening to cd's on the dvd players that you use the analogue outputs......but, you probably knew that anyway eh ?

3. panda88

panda88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I had mentioned in my own post, I had the opportunity to audition the DV79 and do a direct A/B comparison between it and the Diva CD92. In my opinion, the CD92 was audibly better than the DV79. The sound of the CD92 was less grainy...smoother, and more transparent. I was expecting the DV79 to sound equal to my player, but that wasn't the case. I was originally going to sell my CD92 when I got my new dvd player (yet to be decided), but I'm thinking I'll keep it instead....

panda88

4. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    They used to say that the DV27 was roughly on a par with (although rather different from) the CD92. Out of date data, I know. :)