1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Panasonic A-360

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tuskenraider, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Tuskenraider

Tuskenraider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

i've a question about my dvd player PANASONIC A-360. I read in the instructions manual about an indicator on the dvd display. This is the 96khz/24bit indicator. I saw numerous film in dvd, but this indicator never lamps on. I've triyng also whith Tomb Raider (this title is in DTS 96/24) and the indicator don't appear. In the dvd player setup there isn't regard the activations of this feature. Is the display broken? Anyone know anything? Please help me!

Many thanks

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

It will probably only light for certain dvd´s like the Chesky Records 24/96 recordings here:

http://www.chesky.com/articles/body_library.cfm?article=dvdreviews1

But the Panasonic A360 will not pass a 24/96 signal via its digital outputs so you would have to use its analogue outputs.

DTS 96/24 will only be indicated on your amp/receiver if it has the relevant onboard decoder (Denon A1SR, A11SR).

Cheers

3. Tuskenraider

Tuskenraider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank Jase for reply. I've connected the dvd player at amplifier with a optical cable. I've an PIONEER VSX959RDS (DD/DTS/THX Select) During a film play, on the receiver, only "DTS" light is on e there isn't any 96/24 indicator, but the dvd is capable for this format? Is normal which this indicator is off during the film Tomb Raider? Also, this indicator is only for cd audio or dvd?

Thanks again

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    To get DTS 96/24 your amplifier must be able to decode this format, if it can then it will automatically switch to it and display DTS 96/24 on the front panel. If it can´t then you´ll just get the standard DTS format instead.

DTS 96/24 dvds can be played on any dvd player but you need an amp that can decode the format to hear it. Thats where the confusion lies. In this case the signal is passed digitally and the amp reconstructs/upsamples it back to 96/24 resolution.

Don´t get confused by this DTS format and other dvds that are recorded in 24 bit 96khz, they are two different things.