DVD PACIFIC-missing dvd

figlio

Standard Member
Reaction score
DVD Pacific does not have insurance when you order them by normal shiping.Does that means if a DVD gets lost in post you don`t get a refund?

Why don't you ask them? :)

Originally posted by Lex
Why don't you ask them? :)

I thought someone in this forum might help me.
Especially you LEX that you write alot in this DVD section of this forum.
Did you ever had a problem with DVD PACIFIC?

It wasn't meant a s a criticism figlio, just a suggestion :smashin:

I have used DVDPacific dozens of times (in fact I got two deliveries from them this morning) and I have never had any trouble - they are just about the cheapest place on earth and are always fast and efficient in my experience...

I use DVD Pacific a lot of times and I never had a problem and now that DVDSOON recently are getting more expensive each day I am going to use them more often. But I was wonder how DVD PACIFIC handle with missing DVD

Taken from their FAQ:

Q: What happens if a shipment is lost?

A: If sent by courier you are fully insured for lost shipments up to the value of $100 automatically and above that also to declared value if separate insurance applied to your invoice. If sent by USPS there is no insurance option and no tracking capability. DVD Pacific cannot be held responsible for items lost within the postal system although we will assist you if this happens as best we are able. Presently the reports for lost mail shipments are negligible so this is a safe manner for you to order but with no guarantees. No shipment can be assumed lost until the expiration of 30 business days from time of shipment for Courier, Domestic Priority and International Air Mail. 45 business days for Domestic Media Mail and International Surface Mail. If you are unfortunate enough to have not received a shipment past these mandatory wait times as specified above then please contact our Returns & Replacements Department on [email protected] and advise of non delivery.

Thank you Lex for your help I really appreciate.I read that and for that reason I wrote in this forum to see other members what is there experience with this issue.

What's the longest time anyone has had to wait for their orders to come from these suppliers?

I placed an order on the 23rd Feb by International Surface Mail and am yet to receive it. I did naively bulk buy, so my order is above the £18 threshold. If C&E have seized it how can I trace it as it was originally addressed to my works address

45 business days is a long time for a despatched item to be classed as missing isn't it?

I'm still waiting for my Running Man SE which was apparently posted on the 4th of March.

As I posted in another thread recently, I'm waiting on 4 DVD shipments from Pacific to arrive, the first was posted on 12-Mar. Five quid says they're all being held up in Customs' warehouse while the good people there check our orders haven't crept above £18? Heyho I don't mind waiting for a bargain - "The Omen Collection" for £16-42 including delivery? Wahey! :)

Dan

I have been using Dvd Pacific for over a year now and I have never had any problems what so ever, the delivery is pretty damn fast I think I ordered 3 dvds last week and one came on friday, the other came yesterday and the last one came today heh! They come highly recommended from me and they are pretty damn cheap as well... Clerks for 7 quid, cant beat that :)

Thank you, wingZero, for today's reading: The parable of the lucky bastard! ;) Where are the rest of us based then? Is this a local UK thing - is anybody else in London experiencing a DVDPacific hold up? (any why does no one fill out their Location: attribute? You can't all be undercover spies..?)

Maybe its something to do if you order a lot of dvds over the £18 limit so customs may check the dvds or something and charge you, or perhaps receiving mail in london takes longer perhaps :)! I dont understand really, I havent had any problems with these guys, oh well must be right I must just be a lucky bastard ;)!!!!

I have a ben hur giftset and was shipped on 8/3/2004.Nothing arrived here and I live in Malta not in England.

I'm still waiting for my Running Man SE which was apparently posted on the 4th of March
spookily my Joe Satriani DVD & W/Ash DVD-A were posted on 4/3
The last packages I ordered only took 7days surface mail & 4days air mail - sounds like HMC&E to me but the total of the two I am waiting for is well under £18 (?)
Paul :confused:

ALSO NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS DVDS TAKE ABOUT A WEEK TO GET TO ME FROM DVD PACIFIC (AIRMAIL)

(soory about it all in caps droped the caps lock key)

I personally think that C&E or the PO in London are swiping them when they realise what they are. This is the 4th shipment I have had this year (2 with StoreDVD) and now 2 shipments have gone lost - 1 with each supplier. BTW I live in London. I mainly order Walt Disney DVDs that you cannot get in region 2

Hmmm. As I say I've waited 21 days in the past for stuff to arrive from Pacific so I'm not panicking yet - it's only been 12days so far. Fingers crossed next week my postie will come knocking with the four packages I am waiting for (+2 more dispatched today), but if not maybe we can start collecting some evidence re- the number of discs that "are lost" when they enter the UK postal system? I don't want to sound like a Daily Mail reader but "something has to be done about it".

im also waiting for a package of dvds,sent on the 9th.
normally it only takes a week to get to me (in london) so i expect my parcel is lost at mount pleasant sorting office.

a kind of bermuda triangle for dvds,

Today I received a package sent 16-Mar but I'm still waiting for discs sent on the 12th and 15th (and about half a dozen ordered since!) Fingers crossed the postie will bring more good news with him tomorrow. Has any one else received anything yet?

Dan.

I'm now starting to worry about my order of The Rundown. It was posted 2 weeks ago and i haven't received it yet, however, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was posted last week and arrived yesterday! :confused:

I've only recently started using Pacific but i think we also have a new postman and as i haven't had any DVD's, Laserdiscs or videos go missing ever since i've been mailordering, this is getting a little worrying!

hol1ywood, i know it wasnt with pacific, but my copy of the rundown went missing from cd-wow. must be catching because i`ve never had anything go missing in years of ordering online.

anyone know of a number for mount pleasant so i could find out if my parcel is actually there or a customs number?

basically dvdpacific have told me to try and find it myself until 30 days has past.

if its got a customs charge then no probs,but if some lowlife postie sitting at home on his fat arse watching my movies,then i want to know about it.

Had another couple of deliveries from Pacific today - stuff sent on the 12th (so 15days delivery) and the 17th. Still waiting for what was sent on the 15th but am not worried any more. I guess things arrive at Mount Pleasant by the lorry load and its down to luck how quickly your stuff gets grabs and sorted?

Dan

No signs of my £30 worth of dvd despatched on the 23rd Feb.
I'e written to Pacific and they told me I had to wait until April 27th before they can class as missing. I wonder what happens then as my goods came by surface mail and so are not covered by insurance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom