DVD+ or DVD-

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by [email protected], May 7, 2004.

1. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I need to go out and buy a DVD writter this weekend but one thing still puzzles me.

They can all do DVD+/- and obviously, I need to buy either +/- media but which one should I go for?

I assume that any PC with a DVD ROM drive can read either.

But what about if I want to create a video DVD to play on the Tosh DVD player under the TV?

And what about if I want to burn a video DVD for the inlaws who have a £29 cheap thing from Tesco?

Any clues?

2. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Click the link and enter the model number of your player and it should come up with what media is compatable with your machine...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Hope this helps you out mate.

Regards,
    Iain.

3. Harry T

Harry T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the easy answer to your question is, "Whatever is on special".

I would be very suprised if the `el cheapo' didn't accept any disk that was thrown at it. And most Toshiba's accept both formats, but some have not liked the +R format.

Usually, the cheapest disks are more prone to failure, and Ritek disks give an excellent balance between performance and cost.