Dvd Or Cd Player? Please Help!!!

T

theof

Good Morning To All.

I Wonder If Someone Can Actually Help Me..i Want To Buy A Player For My Cds. I Used To Listen From A Jvc Micro (ux-10000 Which I Have Connect It To The Amp.(yamaha Rxv 4500).than, I Started Listening To Them From My Sony Dvd Player Which Has A Quite Descent Quality.( Sony Dvp Ns 700v).problems Started When The Sony Became Very Picky With Some Discs. It Doesn't Play Some Of My Cdrs Nor Some Of My Company Cds. O.s.t. Armageddon(the Score) For Instance.also, It Doesn't Seems To Read Some Sacds That I Have, All By Naxos.it Treats Them As Common Cds. Anyway, Im Now Thinking Of Bying Another Player.but What Should I Do? Should I Buy A Budget Dvd Player Or A Cd Deck Player? I Have About 1350 Company Cds And About 40 Cdrs.(mostly Collections From The Previous.) Not So Many Sacds.(only 3). I Listen Mostly Jazz And Orchestral Film Scores And I Like Treble. Any Ideas Anyone?
Thanks.......

Pioneer 575 plays everything I've thrown at it, CDs, CDR's, SACD's, DVD-A's, even DVD's!

If you want purist audiophile sound quality, I'm sure others will rightly extole the virtues of dedicated CD and SACD players. But for under £100 from Richer Sound the 575 does a very nice job...PJ :)

I,ll second that !
Purchased a Pioneer 575a two weeks ago,to replace a Marantz DV4200 dvd player,which also,was very fussy with DVD-R's,CD-R's etc.Had no more problems since !!!! :D

thank you very much.. both..by the way, is it really a multiregion player?
thanks a lot!!!
theof. :hiya:

thank you very much.. both..by the way, is it really a multiregion player?
thanks a lot!
talking about multiplayers,i have a sony DVP NS 700V player, does anyone knows if it is possible to turn it to a multiregion or region 1 compatible without a remote just by downloading specific software? i heard some rumors about it. reason i ask, is because some dvds play black and white in my sony!!!!!!! (i.e. Stephen. kings, "cat's eye") also, sometimes when i play cds it goes on standby mode on it's own!!!! any suggestions?

thanks a lot!!!!!!!
theof :hiya:

Are you saying that R1 discs play back in B&W.

If it is, my first guess would be that your display cannot handle a NTSC signal (and the DVD player is already multi-region).

Going into standby mode, suggests an over heating issue. Is there plenty of ventilation around the DVD player?

hi harry..
thanks for replying..there's a lot of ventilation around the dvd player.it only seems to shut down when it plays some specific cds.(5 so far;3 company cds and 2 cdrs.)as for the NTSC signal,excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is it? is there any ways of fixing this?
thanks a lot..
theof

Sorry theof for my late reply, but I don’t hang out regularly in this forum.

Very briefly, NTSC is the signal format of USA. PAL is used in England. Many TV’s today can handle both formats, however older TV’s are only limited to PAL (assuming you are in Europe).

As I said, I am only guessing that your TV cannot display a NTSC signal, so you will need to find the manual or post in the TV forum (where you will also find a wealth of info on PAL/ NTSC).

Ways of fixing it are (if it is the above)

1. Buy a new TV
2. See if your DVD player can be forced into outputting a PAL signal (you could even see if you TV can accept PAL60). Going this way, may introduce other display issues, but at least it want cost anything to check.

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom