DVD or BlueRay player that can play anything

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Knox, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Knox

Knox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have DVD's from India, Japan, China etc
    and I download TV shows and movies that I burn to DVD that I want to play on my TV

I'm continually frustrated from playing my media that I've paid for and burned to DVD, it just won't play in my Panasonic BlueRay player, Phillips DVD player or Pioneer recorder :(

Can anyone recommend a DVD or BlueRay player that will play anything

It's no suprise people are dumping DVD and BlueRay and using thumb drives and portable harddrives instead

But that's not an option for me, I'm in a film club, old movies, film noir etc and DVD's are what everyone uses, they're mostly seniors and reluctant to change their methods

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,311
    Perhaps you should consider the "burning to DVD" element of your process rather than the player(s) in use? If you use a DVD Authoring program to make a compliant DVD-Video disc from your video material, then most DVD players, past, present or future, should play it. And your members should find the consistency with conventional bought DVDs easier to cope with.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    You mean you're unable to correctly burn DVD-Video discs and you're blaming the DVD/BR players for it?

All players will correctly play DVD-Video or they wouldn't be able to use the logo or call themselves DVD players.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As the previous respondents have said, the problem is undoubtedly with the DVDs that you produce and I'd bet the farm that you're not using ConvertXtoDVD to create them.

In my experience, it's the only program that's 100% reliable.

I've used it convert hundreds of downloaded MP4s, AVIs, MKVs, etc and every DVD has played perfectly in all my BluRay and DVD players.

It's very simple to use and handles things like aspect ratio automatically (though it can also be manually configured).

I used to have your problems but not any more (sorry to sound like a commercial). :)

EDIT: I just noticed that you wrote: "I'm continually frustrated from playing my media that I've paid for..."

That might be the problem as much "paid-for" content includes DRM technology that prevents the files being shared and burned to DVD.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013