1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD on top of the Center???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by aka, Mar 3, 2003.

1. aka

aka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just bought an LCR600 center, the sound was great, but I was not thinking about the dimension until I brought it home.
    It was too big on top of my TV, and also quite heavy.
    So at the moment I put it on the carpet.

I was thinking of putting it on my audio rack, but then I have to put my DVD player above this center.

Is it wise to put the DVD player above the center speaker?
    I know that LCR600 is magnetic shielded, but maybe there are other aspects that I have to consider.

Please gimme your advice friends...

thanks in advance, a-k

2. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lesson:
    Aka

Not a good idea to have a DVD player on top of speaker, it may seem to work ok but it certainly will not perform at its best, the ideal place is on a firm surface like a rack.

Same goes for the Centre on the carpet, is may seem to work, but put it on a speaker stands and you will hear a BIG difference, the speaker will sound clearer and have more impact, its a good idea to have your centre at the same height as your head when you are sat in your listeneing position. :smashin:

3. aka

aka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Eddiea,
    I did try to put my center higher, on my front stand, and it is sound better...

I think I have to find a stand for my center or a rack with more shelves...

For a while maybe it will stay on my carpet :)