1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD on the train home

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dirk 2, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like many people, I take a train to and from work.
    Last nights journey was particularly difficult, as the carraige was very full and hot.

I often use my laptop on the 30 minute journey, either listening to MP3's or watching DVD's, to kill the time.

On this occassion I was watching "The complete Bod" region 2 on the Kult Kidz label,which benefits from having additional footage featuring "alberto Frog and his amazing animal band". I had headphones on so I was not disturbing my fellow commuters. I was also mindful not to hum along to the respective theme tunes of Frank the postman and Aunt Flo etc.

Suddenly, I became aware that I was being scrutinised by people around me. I seemed to have drawn the attention of those sitting next to me and those standing.

Why was this? Did my tie clash with my shirt? Had I broken wind without knowing? What was all the fuss about? Why was everyone staring?

Some people.... tuh!

PS. Anyone know what Derek Griffith is doing these days?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dirk,

That really made me grin :0)

Imagine the surprise of the commuters - sneaking a peek at your laptop, probably expecting you to be engaged in a dull marketing report - when in fact, the most difficult concept you need to process is the anticipation that mounts whilst Alberto the Frog chooses his favourite milkshake !

A DVD must for anyone's collection I feel.

Cheers
    Daz

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    The modern commuter probably thought you were watching some Flash movie someone emailed you at work or something and was waiting for the finale.

Little did they know that the Milkshake was going to be Chocolate flavour hey Alberto ;)

4. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar experience which was a little more disturbing.

I was watching "The Boys From Brazil" and the lady next to me seem somewhat disturbed by the Dobermann attack on Gregory Peck at the end of the movie.

She must be an animal lover or something.

Who knows waht will happen tomorrow when I view my unrated version of "Caligula" on the journey home?

5. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I find that the best one is on the plane. Rather than watch the trite offerings on the plane with their 4inch seat back screens I whip out my Panny portable and watch a full five inches of widescreen magic. Pushing Tin is a particular favourite on these occasions... but the best is Fight Club or Final Destination. Watch the passenger turn from green with envy to white with fear. :D