• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVD on screen logo/number

Olympus

Standard Member
Hello All

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-XW380 and every time I view a recording from the hard drive the following writing appears on the top LH side of the TV screen.

Recorder 1
108011/50

What does this mean and how can I eliminate this from the screen?

Thanks in advance

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Presumably 1080i/50 appears because that is the output resolution being used on the DVDR, and therefore the input resolution being automatically selected by the television. At a guess the other two bits of info are also related to either the settings on the machine whilst the recording is viewed back (or more likely the settings on the TV when that input is used for viewing), or else info about the recording itself (though if this was the case you would expect it to alter slightly as different recordings were viewed). Recorder 1 may well be because it is the first DVD recorder which the TV recognises as input. --4 may indicate that it is connected to AV input 4 (i.e. if you have two scarts and two or more HDMI inputs, and your DVDR is connected to HDMI 2 then this will be the fourth input on the cycle).

To remove this info from the screen, I would imagine you press the info button a second time - or go into setup and uncheck the box which is currently checked to say "display info while watching input from an external source".

Gavtech

Administrator
Press the 'i' button on the TV remote - not the DVD recorder.

Broadz may have meant that - but I want to be sure you are clear about that.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom