DVD on LG HD TV

riverwhy

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have an LG 42LK530T HD tv running sky hd via HDMI - all working fine except the DVD player (connected via scart). It was fine on my old TV but on the new one when i play a dvd, in fact as soon as i select the DVD player, the whole screen has a green cast. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

This sounds like a common scart connection issue. Have you tried wiggling the scart plugs? Have you tried a different scart lead? If so, it's possible the fault is on the actual socket of the tv or dvd player.

i just tried both.. wiggling, and another scart lead - didn't make any difference... screen still has a green tint all over.. :-( The TV is new, and the DVD is fine on my old TV...

Hi. Have you tried something else via SCART? Sky box have SCART out, perhaps? Other thing to check would be picture settings for that input; possible someone (perhaps while testing) has set a green tint on that input? Or set one of the enhancement modes that adds an orangey tint to the other input... Guess the DVD player is setup for RGB via SCART and not s-video or something? -- Regards, Iain.

just tried my old VHS using the same lead - it's fine. I emailed LG customer service - this is their reply - nothing about settings, and i haven't looked into that yet, but will..

"We advise that you try another device on the same port of the television to see if you are having the same problem. If the same fault appears then you may require attention from a qualified service technician."

Hi. Would suggest testing with something that can output the same sort of signal as your DVD player; a VCR will almost always output composite-over-SCART. One would normally expect your DVD player to be setup to output RGB-over-SCART. May be able to check or change that in the DVD player menus. Most Freeview/Freesat boxes will do RGB-over-SCART; and I'd expect your Sky box to be capable of it (but Sky have fumbled things like this before, so please check). 3 sorts of video can be carried via SCART; composite, S-Video (somewhat unusual), and RGB, and they use different pins. I would point out that at least one product (the old Hauppauge MediaMVP) had an "issue" (the Sync-on-Green issue), that only caused problems with certain TV sets, so it is possible the issue is with your DVD player outputting a not-quite-right signal that your last TV just accepted, but your new TV, despite the fact it may be working perfectly, doesn't. -- Regards, Iain.

many thanks for all that info - i managed to get into the settings menu of the DVD, only choices were RGB & s-video - it was set on RGB so changed it to s-video - it works! :) Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom