• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dvd not needed in a one box. Possible?

Lil' Joe

Banned
Is it possible to not use the dvd player from a one box system such as the Sony DAV IS10, or the Jamo a102 HCS11? I need a 5.1 speaker set up withas small as set of speakers as possible (girlfriend!) but all the systems ive seen have an inbuilt DVD. I am buying a 1080p TV at the same time so i dont want the 1080i feed from these systems, i want my ps3's 1080p!
does this make sense? is it worth it?

kentish_lad

Is it possible to not use the dvd player from a one box system such as the Sony DAV IS10, or the Jamo a102 HCS11? I need a 5.1 speaker set up withas small as set of speakers as possible (girlfriend!) but all the systems ive seen have an inbuilt DVD. I am buying a 1080p TV at the same time so i dont want the 1080i feed from these systems, i want my ps3's 1080p!
does this make sense? is it worth it?

If for example you bought the Sony, then yes you could hook up a ps3 to it
but look up the Sony HTSS1100

Lil' Joe

Banned
why? is there a dramatic difference in quality only the size of the DAV IS10 speakers are perfect for my small room. Also, could i change the centre for something else?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom