1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Multichangers

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Diane, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Diane

Diane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested in buying a big autochanger - 300 plus disks. I looked at the Sony CX860 but it's a bit limited long term because apparently you can only have one of them. Pioneer used to make one for the US at least and the same goes for Onkyo.

The one's that's really caught my eye is the Kenwood DVF J-6050 - 403 disks and you can hook three of them together! But can I get any detailed information or a demo? No.

I haven't seen anything in the press and the kenwood web site is next to useless. It does give you the names of dealers but most of them don;t seem to have heard of it let alone have one in stock.

Does anyone have any information on this or has anyone actually seen one?

2. OldEngland

OldEngland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Diane, there has been quite a few posts regarding Kenwood multi-changers over on www.avsforum.com in the LD and DVD hardware section. The above web site is mainly US gear although most of it trickles down to us eventually. Try looking for posts regarding the Kenwood 5900.

Did you find anywhere to demo the Sony 860 around Farnborough ? I've been kinda interested in this model.

3. Diane

Diane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not so far. The closest I've seen was a CX850 in TruFi in Camberley. I didn't ask for a demo because as far as I'm concerned it's obsolete kit. It's amazing how many people seem to try and pass it off as still current and new.

TruFi might be able to get hold of it but I doubt they'd bring it in on spec., the best bet might be to contact the Sony Centre in Camberley they as least might be able to get one in to demo since they'd so tied to Sony.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. OldEngland

OldEngland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0