1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Mega-changer?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BMG, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BMG

BMG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seared high and low for a UK model DVD Mega-Changer (300+ discs) but have not found a single retailer available. There seems to be plenty out there form SONY, Pioneer and Kenwood but all are US manufactured and will probably not play here in the UK. Something to do with PAL vs NTSC or something. Does anyone know of anywhere that I could get hold of such a changer for my new OPUS multiroom system?

Would definatley consider a 2nd hand model if someone was offering one as it is only going to sit in the cupboard with the rest of the system.

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

2. carmine

carmine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i to have been looking for a dvd changer but with no joy . i was thinking of going down the road of hd the new panasonic recordable dvd with hd can store hundred' of hours not a dvd changer but close let me know if you find anything and likewise i'm still hunting

3. Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there BMG and Carmine :hiya:

Don't get too excited but I managed to find a 403 disc multi region kenwood mega changer to replace my 200 disc sony one. It took me ages of looking in ebay but eventually succeeded!!

The sony one is now gathering dust in preparation for when I have filled up the Kenwood!! - not long to go and I will then have both connected to my system.

There have been a few on ebay lately but the prices have been going up (the last 300 disc one went for £500!!)

It's definately worth the wait but good luck on the hunting mission

Mickey Mouse :thumbsup:

4. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sony and Kenwood stopped making the multi changers a while back, due to limited market success of all things. If only they would try again. I mean, look at the Sony 777ES in the US.

It is (or was) possible to buy the Kenwood multi changer in France. It would have a different power plug but would support PAL.

A call to someone like Techtronics to see if they can multi region one of these French units may be in call.

5. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    If you have R1 discs, I would strongly suggest you pick up the new 777ES, it's excellent!
    I have 3 remaining 860's and did put one up for sale on the forums, but they fetch considerably more on ebay, so that's where you should be looking.

6. BMG

BMG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all of your help guys. I was going to use the multiplayer in my new multiroom system but having read a few reviews on varying multiplayers and their associated menu selection systems I am going to hang fire for a while until some reasonably priced DVD "servers" come onto the market.

There is one such server available from a company - www.Kaleidescape.com - but at a hefty £20K I think it would be beter to wait and load them one at a time for now. I am going to have something similar for my CD collection from a company called russound which stores all of your CD's on a hard-drive (compressed) and allows you to play different tracks in several different zones. I would imagine that it wont be too far away until they do the same with DVD's (hopefully)!

Thanks for all of your help on this matter though. :thumbsup: