Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD Media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mulder, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a sony GX3 and I have previously used Zero Defex+rw and Zero Defex+r, Bulkpaq orange DVD-r all have been fine. I thought i would give Ritek discs a try but after reading on another forum that the quality of Ritek manufactured disc has deteriated I am un-sure which disk to go for. the same forum says that Verbatim is good. I was wondering what other forum members use.

+- Poll

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,037
    I wouldn't use Verbatim. The quality has reduced since they chnaged manufacturers (CMC I believe).

Grade A Riteks will be fine. These are brands such as Traxdata, Ridisc and Ridata. There Grade B discs such as Aritia have started to show problems after being burned a while ago.

3. jesmat2003

jesmat2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought only Verbatim's spindle discs were made by CMC? Their jewel case DVD-Rs are still very good quality discs.

4. WoB

WoB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought some TDK DV-RW (1-2x) for my GX3 and they work a treat! I had some old datasafe knocking around from a year or two back and they were terrible - very slow in formatting/finalizing. The TDK are very fast in comparison: 10-20 seconds to format and 30 seconds to finalize (in video mode). I bought a box of 10 for around £20 including delivery. Think I got them from here:

http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/cgi-bin2/details.pl?id=tdkdvdrw

They read fine in my PC and RW compatible players also.