DVD Media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mulder, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a sony GX3 and I have previously used Zero Defex+rw and Zero Defex+r, Bulkpaq orange DVD-r all have been fine. I thought i would give Ritek discs a try but after reading on another forum that the quality of Ritek manufactured disc has deteriated I am un-sure which disk to go for. the same forum says that Verbatim is good. I was wondering what other forum members use.

+- Poll

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,870
    I wouldn't use Verbatim. The quality has reduced since they chnaged manufacturers (CMC I believe).

Grade A Riteks will be fine. These are brands such as Traxdata, Ridisc and Ridata. There Grade B discs such as Aritia have started to show problems after being burned a while ago.

3. jesmat2003

jesmat2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought only Verbatim's spindle discs were made by CMC? Their jewel case DVD-Rs are still very good quality discs.

4. WoB

WoB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought some TDK DV-RW (1-2x) for my GX3 and they work a treat! I had some old datasafe knocking around from a year or two back and they were terrible - very slow in formatting/finalizing. The TDK are very fast in comparison: 10-20 seconds to format and 30 seconds to finalize (in video mode). I bought a box of 10 for around £20 including delivery. Think I got them from here:

http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/cgi-bin2/details.pl?id=tdkdvdrw

They read fine in my PC and RW compatible players also.